This technical platform at the Department of Chemistry, Umeå University aims to provide state-of-the-art instrumentation, user training and support for trace analysis of small molecules in complex matrices, such as environmental and biological samples.
The platform support qualitative and quantitative analysis of metals, organic compounds, organo-metallic compounds. For metals and organo-metallic compounds both total concentrations and speciation is supported.
Concerning the analyses of isotope ratios of trace gases, the connection to various membrane-inlet sample chambers enable time-resolved monitoring of gaseous products and their isotopologues.
The platform primarily provides access to instrumentation, but can also provide analytical services and operator training. The services may include: design of experiments, sample preparation, instrumental analysis and interpretation of data.
Service is provided at three different levels:
- Seed projects (a few samples)
- Small projects (10s of samples)
- Projects and long-term service (100s of samples)
Use the contact form to let us know what your needs are, and we will look into what we can do for you.
We’re using MS for
- Trace element analysis
- Speciation (Hg, Sn and As)
- Isotope ratio determinations
- Trace analysis of POP’s
- Multi-residue analysis of pharmaceuticals
- Indoor air pollutant’s analysis
- Identification of unknowns
- Non-target screening/characterization
- Stable isotope tracer experiments